Hi guys! Sorry I haven’t posted in a while. Today I’m going to show you my “Sewing Area”, because I’m planning on posting a lot of sewing tutorials. Also I’m going to list out out all the basic tools you need if you are a beginner. ✄
So here is a complete shot of everything. I have a tiny corner beside my bed where I keep my sewing machine. 🙂
Here is a close-up of my sewing machine that I got for christmas 2013. It is a Brother XL-2600i, which is a great model for beginners.
On my sewing table ,I like to keep my scissors in this cute little kitten cup that I made using this video.
So on my window sill I have my cacti which i got from my tita and tito. They got them from Dangwa, Manila, but you can also get some in the plant stall in South Super Market Alabang. I am sure you can find them in many other garden stores. This is one of my favorite decorations in my room. 😉 ♡♡
If you’re wondering where I keep my other supplies. I have a shelf beside the table where I keep my fabric, needles, pins, ribbons, zippers, etc.
Now I’m going to show you basic supplies if you want to start sewing 🙂
1. Fabric (you’re gonna need something to sew on!). Cotton Depot has a nice variety of fabrics.
2. Thread ( you’re going to need this to thread your machine)
3. Scissors -to cut your thread and fabric. Fabric scissors should only be used for fabric.
4. Pins -These are extremely helpful to keep your fabric in place while sewing.
5. Bobbins – You need this for threading the machine. ( Keep in mind that different machines have different bobbins.)
6. Seam Ripper – if you make a mistake seam rippers can rip the stitches for you. (I promise this is a LIFESAVER!)
Okay a simple tip: If you are a beginner, use fabrics that are easy to sew with, for example cotton, felt etc. Stretchy/ knit fabrics may be a pain to sew with 🙁
One last thing, I just want to show you the latest thing I’ve sewn for my mom’s birthday: A pen/pencil holder for her calligraphy pens! 🙂
So that’s all for today, hoped you enjoyed my post! See you next time ~